Creating a Safe Environment (for Volunteers)
Online Training Instructions
All adult volunteers working with children, youth, or vulnerable adults need to complete the same training—whether they are new, renewing after 3 years, working with children/youth, or working with vulnerable adults. In-person training remains an option, and it is the only option for teen volunteers.
To Access the training:
(To Access these directions with graphics that show you exactly where to click, please click on the PDF titled “Online Case Intructions for Volunteers” below).
1. In the address bar of the web browser, type in the address https://www.dor.org/safe/
2. Click on “Online Learning” in the blue bar.
2. Click on “Creating a Safe Environment” in the blue bar.
3. Click on “Register Now”.
4. Click on “Add to Cart”
5. Click on “Check Out”.
6. Enter your email address and click “Save”.
7. Enter a password and click “Create Account” if this is your first time. Your password must be between 8 and 20 characters. It must include at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special symbol (# $ % ^ & * @ ! ~ are acceptable).
8. Click on “Add New Address.”
9. Enter your name and the address of your Parish/School/Ministry. Remember there will be no cost for this training.
10. Click on Place Order
Note: This setup in lengthy but you will only need to do it once.
11. You do not need to print the receipt since there is no cost. Some other trainings require payment. Safe Environment does not.
12. Close everything and open a new browser. Do the following any time you want to re-enter your safe environment training. Enter https://www.dor.org/safe/ to get to the original screen.
13. Choose “Login” in the upper right hand corner to access your courses.
14. Enter your email address and the password you just created.
15. You will be asked to select your parish/school/ministry.
16. Click on “Go to Learn” to begin your training.
If you have any difficulty, please call the DOR Help Desk at 1-800-844-7177 for assistance.
You must complete all parts of the safe environment training for volunteers. Please do these in order. Each of the first four courses ends with quiz questions. To go to the next course, click the button that says “ return to activities” in the top left-handed corner.
You may stop and log out between courses.
When you have completed all 5 parts, please print your certificate and give a copy to your parish/school Creating a Safe Environment Coordinator.
Thank you for your ministry!
How to take a screen shot (pdf file – 236kb)
Pop Up Blocker Info (pdf file – 158kb)
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|