DOR Faith Through Sports Awards
It is with great pride that we honor exemplary youth of our Diocese with the Faith Through Sports Award each season. The Faith Through Sports recognition pays tribute to athletes in Grades 3-12 who compete in Diocesan Catholic Youth Organization programs. Faith Through Sports recognition was initiated in the Rochester Diocese during the 2006-2007 school year as a means of honoring sports participants beyond their athletic accomplishments.
Coaches have honored these youth because as a CYO Athlete, they have embodied the following characteristics:
- Consistently demonstrates Catholic values and Christian behavior by word and example
- Demonstrates the qualities of a team player
- Works toward both team and personal goals
- Is a positive role model to their teammates
- Honors the game through respect for team, opponents and officials